AI, or more specifically large language models (LMMs) are all the rage these days, so it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that there is now a Drupal module that integrates OpenAI.
It is only an alpha release but includes several submodules to leverage OpenAI tools within a Drupal site in various ways:
- Generate content for you in any content type
- Speech to text
- Interaction with the ChatGPT prompt endpoint
- A button in CKEditor to send a prompt to OpenAI and get text back
- Assistance in the content editing process, such as adjusting your tone and summarizing body text
- Analyzes logs to summarize likely problems
I haven’t given it a try yet, mainly because I do not have a paid OpenAI API key and I assume I cannot use this without one, but it definitely could be worthwhile in certain Drupal site contexts.